Tuesday, August 15, 2006

When Good Ideas Go Bad

I thought I had a Eureka! moment the other day! I've been wracking my brain trying to come up with a great plot for the 3rd part of my current wip. The first two siblings had good, emotional stories to tell, but the third and final one really didn't have much of anything interest, no real conflict.

The stories deal with blackmarket adoptions and I finally came up with a great reason why this guys "parents" went to those extremes to adopt him. Then I thought, hmmm... mom could go away and pretend to be pregnant and then come back with the baby who everyone would assume was hers.

But as I was plotting it out I had an "Oh Sh**" moment.

The "baby" is 3 years old when he's adopted. Explain that!

So, its back to square one.

What is Seamus's big emotional story???????? Besides his inability to make any sort of a commitment.

1 Comments:

At 2:36 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

Couldn't she just relocate permenantly? I mean, if she showed up in a new town with a three y.o., who's going to question it?

Of course, I don't have a clue about the rest of your story, so that could be way off base.

Good luck!

zmfewfz - Zany Marianne feeds emus while fleeing zebras

 

Post a Comment

<< Home