Sunday, August 20, 2006

Oh what a sad sad teen I was

Pathetic, in fact.

I found my old journal. I began it in 1981 when I was about 15 years old or so. Oh. My. God. Was I really that pathetic???? And fickle. Well, that I can believe. I was in love with just about every cute guy in my school, but dating no one. If anyone remembers the show "Square Pegs" (where Sarah Jessica Parker got her start), or perhaps Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion. Yah, that was me.

Where in the world... no, why in the world did I ever think I could be a cheerleader??? LOL Yah, I can laugh about it now. And get a little sad about it because I dont want my kids to feel the way I felt then. Not that my childhood was that bad, really, but this journal is so angst sodden that I could wring it out.

There has to be a story in this somewhere... some Judy Blume-ish kind of book.

Sometimes I wish I could go back and do it all over again, knowing what I know now, and make different choices. I wonder where I'd be now.

Yah, I could definitely write a story, starring me. hehehehe.

But I'd give myself a fabulous, purely fictional ending.

2 Comments:

At 3:37 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

This cracked me up ... I've kept a journal (though not lately) since I was TEN! And the high school years are tragically funny. It's amazing what feels like life or death when you're sixteen. It's why I don't know if I could ever write a YA, because I can't take that stuff seriously anymore. I mean, geez, people are dying overseas, who cares if Joe broke up with your best friend, Ann??

Hope you have a great week. Kmart flooded up here again from the rain ... wonder if they'll ever move?

zdantbdh (geez, I could write a novel) - Zachariah doesn't answer, never tease bodacious debutate's hair.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Tempest Knight said...

I used to keep journals, until I found my mother reading one of them one day I came from school early. So I burnt them all and never ever kept another one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home