Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Water Recedes

Well, last night we got our back yard back. But its still messy out there and roads are still closed in various areas and school is closed again, much to my husband's disdain. We took a walk downtown yesterday and took pictures of the river. There are houses that have the water right up to the foundation. Lots of calls for help because of water in the basement.

But we remained safe and sound. We didn't even lose electricity which is a good thing because I spent almost the entire evening working on my website . I'm considering posting some free reads, short stories that I have in my files. There are still things I need to figure out and improve upon and don't even TALK about this blog. Well, no you can. I wish I was html savvy but there are some things that just aren't meant to be. I've figured out some of the basics, but how the heck do you put all the goodies in the right margin? I never seem to be able to figure it out.

As I was trying to get to sleep last night my mind was writing my latest "short" story which could turn into a novella at least. I have mixed feelings about this. I come up with some great ideas, but lots of it gets lost in translation, when it comes time to put it down on "paper". I should keep my Alphasmart next to my bed to capture all these thoughts. But then that would make going to bed pointless.

Its snowing like crazy here. Will it ever end? Its hard to imagine that by the weekend we'll be in the 60's with sunny weather!

1 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

Email me offline and I'll help you with your blog sidebar... do you still have my email address?

BTW, I do know a lot of html, and will happily help you as much as I can :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home